On behalf of Las Vegas National Golf Club, our team would like to welcome you and your group to our golf tournaments and outings page. To better assist you, we’ve listed a helpful outline of the services, options, and requirements you will come across when setting up an event.
For all golf groups, please contact:
Joe Kelly, Director Of Marketing & Operations
Ph: (702) 889-1000 Ext. #226 | Email:: Joe@lasvegasnational.com
What Is Included?
- All green fees and cart fees
- Golf bag handling upon arrival, over night storage if needed and departure by our Player Services Team
- Unlimited range balls on the day of the event
- Customized service, golf cart placards, scorecards, proximity markers, rules sheets, and professional scoring
- Coordination of special event set-up:
- On course tents
- Registration tables
- TaylorMade rental clubs
- Multiple food & beverage menus specific to golf events:
- Continental breakfast
- Full hot breakfast buffet
- Box breakfasts or lunches
- Lunch or dinner buffets
- Gift cards
- Merchandise discounts for golfing participants & banquet guests
- Additional Options Available (Additional Charges Apply)
Group tournaments/outings may be booked up to six months in advance for groups under 40 players. Groups of 40 or more may book up to one year in advance. A signed contract and deposit are required by the “due date” specified in each contract. Failure to return a signed contract within 30 days of receipt will result in cancellation of the event’s tee-times. Final player count and pairings are due eight days in advance of the scheduled event date.
We ask that all participants adhere to our dress code policy, which requires each golfer to be in a collared golf shirt and pants/shorts of appropriate length. Clothing or apparel that will not be permitted includes denim jeans, denim shorts, designer denim, t-shirts, tank tops, halter tops, swimming trunks, gym shorts, sweat pants, shorts above mid-length, and/or dresses or skirts deemed to be inappropriate.
Las Vegas National Golf Club reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who violates any of the policies stated above.